Thursday, March 23, 2006

Kicking Ass.

Yup, that's been me lately.
So, I decided to take a day to myself yesterday so I cracked open some Buds and broke out the dartboard. We've got our first big cricket tourney here this weekend and I wanted to make sure I was practiced up.

So, what's your record for most bulls in a row?

Mine is now nine. And when I finally missed I hit three more in a row LOL!!

If I wasn't kicking so much ass playing poker I'd really think about trying to go pro playing cricket. The pay isn't as good though, and the players aren't nearly as famous. I just found out from my boss that our group (the one I'm the head of) is doing so good that we may branch out and start up in either Cincinnati or St. Louis. I would get a choice to go to either, but I'm not sure if I will. It's not for sure yet, and when it is for sure it won't happen for 6 months. I'd hate to leave all the guys even though it's not that far away. I also get a bonus if I decide to take the job in the other cities. That would be cool, but I'm really starting to fall in love with Louisville. I'm thinking some of that has to do with Kelly. I'm thinking about telling her about Cody this weekend when I give her the necklace. Part of me wants to tell her everything but I'm also scared she may leave if she finds out I have a kid. That's probably why I won't tell her. The way I figure it what she doesn't know won't kill her. Besides she'll find out one day down the road sooner or later I think I'd just rather have her more in love with me when she does. I can not lose this woman. She is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, and I would give up cricket and football and poker and everything to be with her. Okay, maybe not poker LOL!! Just kidding.

I played in 2 sitandgos last night on Doyle's. I was going to play another 45 person for Jordan's but didn't know how much time I had for sure, and it turned out I had enough time but didn't know it.

Do you ever have the choice to make like I did yesterday with cricket or poker? You really want to be the best at both and you feel that if you play one to practice to be the best your not giving your best at the other since your not playing it? That's the way I feel sometimes. I really want to be great at both, but sometimes I feel like I need to choose one if I want to become a master of it. That's why I chose poker months ago. Don't get me wrong I still love to play cricket and I'm still the best out of our group, and pretty much the best I've seen out of everyone who plays at our bar, but poker is really my thing. I've known this since I played my first hand. If it's special and meant to be you will just know it. I still remember when Kelly turned around to meet me at the Kid Rock concert and I talked to her. She completely blew me away with her smile and body. Without a doubt I know she is my soul mate.

And you can guarantee that when I win that bracelet and the cameras show me running into the crowd she'll be the one there cheering me on. I just know it.

Life couldn't get any better right now because my poker game is as good as it's ever been and I really feel like I'm one of the best out there not just at Doyles but wherever I play. Like I said you really have to act and play like a true champion if you want to be a champion. I know one thing and that's I wouldn't want to play me in poker LOL! Unless your scared of poker chips because I will take them from you and make things right !! Thanks for everyone who isn't hating in the comments, I really feel like if we're all serious about going pro its going to take help from each other. It's a long journey, but if we stay focused I know we will make it.


Play Like a Champion Today.

10 Comments:

Blogger Fat Dan said...

Champ-
you are really getting better at this blog thing. coming off like much less of an asshole. Not that you were an asshole, just sounded like one at times.

anyway, I think you should tell the girl everything up front, or else you are going to be crazy for her and she is going to dump your ass because you didn't tell her up front. and because you allowed yourself to get all crazy about her, your poker game is going to suffer when she dumps you, and then you will lose your money. you don't want to lose the girl and the money, so just be honest with her upfront.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Mr. Friendly said...

Champ,

You don't mind if I link your site, do you?

My friends would greatly enjoy your tips.

Do you have a link to your strategy posts?

Thanks again.

11:25 AM  
Blogger vegaas said...

Dude, you have to tell her you have kid if you want it to get serious.

1:42 PM  
Blogger TripJax said...

Ladies LOVE IT when men withhold information...

1:44 PM  
Blogger Bloody P said...

Hush hush. Keep it down now. Voices carry.

2:23 PM  
Blogger TraumaPoker said...

That's great how you think she is your soul mate and you want to keep information away from her about little things like.....having a kid. That entire let the bird go if it comes back it was meant to be thing can work in this situation. Tell her and if she leaves she wasn't worth it. If you don't tell her you are not a man, you are a just another chump, don't be a chump.

2:35 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Screw all the Mrs. Mannors here.. you will tell her.. your just waiting until you get to know each other a little more.. I mean for fuck sake you have only been going out for a few weeks? a month? What the hell do these people thing you have set a wedding date..

oh, and I would keep the Blog a secret until you get to know her better too.. she might not get some of the references, LOLOLOLOLOL.

8:38 AM  
Blogger HighOnPoker said...

Tricky tricky. To tell or not to tell. Maybe you should make a probe bet and sort of imply it. All I know, Champ, is that it ain't easy. Good luck. Overall, though, I'm with the Waffle. No need to tell her too early.

11:43 AM  
Blogger TraumaPoker said...

You are all crazy. Tell her right away before you come crazy emotionally attached and have to end this relationship violently when she freaks out because you have a kid. Murder may be your only option at that point.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Bloody P said...

I had a 4 year old daughter when I met my girlfriend (now wife). I held off for a couple of weeks telling her, because I was freaked out that she'd take off.

My wife and I have talked about it, and she would've liked to have known right away. BUT, she's also said she wasn't sure she would've stuck with me if I had told her from the get-go.

It's a dual-edged sword, yo. Either you're straight up and honest, or you get her to fall for you, then drop a MASSIVE bomb.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home