Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Making it Right

Okay so I haven't been on here for a little while, but that's because some serious shit went down last weekend. It's not something at all that you could blog about either so I won't. Let's just say it got really ugly around here, and it involved one visit to the police station and two visits to the hospital. Lucky for me I was mostly just a spectator, but Cody got to see some shit that could end up with a scar on his brain forever.

And that's what you get folks when you mix dumb bitches with alcohol. Bottom line, you get a dumb ass bitch around alcohol and all hell will break loose. I'm sick of it already, and I've said it more than once. Especially when that dumb ass bitch is nuttier than squirrel shit like Jess.

Enough of that, let's just say it ruined a weekend that should've been great. Anyway, I did get to watch a lot of basketball, and I'll tell you who I like right now is Wichita State. I would put them up agains anybody.

And also, has anyone been keeping up with my 45 person sitandgo challenge Jordan put together? I'm in 2nd place, but I've played 3 less than the leader. I started out just playing the $5 to see what was going on, and I was right. Full of tourists. So, I got a bit nosey, and decided to step it up and play a $10. Guess what? Yup, same old tourists. I got third place but only after another suckout. It was cold here last night and all I had on was my sweatpants and hooded jacket but I was so pissed I walked around outside for 15 minutes. I worked off some anger on the bag in the garage too, and that usually settles me down. It would've been an easy victory, and I overcame it by once again telling myself it's just one long session. You think Phil Ivey or Hellmuth or Joe Hachem never got sucked out? The answer is to do whatever it takes to keep your mind off of it, and then get back to the table. A lot of people probably don't realize that the movie Rocky was based on a true person, and if you watch every time Rocky gets knocked down, he starts to think about what got him there. That's the key. If you think about just the moment, then you will stay on tilt and go broke. You have to think about what got you there and where you play to go. Rocky always got up and finished off his opponent, and that's what you have to do at poker.

I still have the same strategies at the 45 sitandgo, and they are pretty simple. People, you may think these are silly tips, but follow them and watch your wallet grow. The proof is in the pudding, and go look at Jordan's site. He makes you email him when you start and also take a printscreen when you finish. The numbers don't lie, and it's easy to see I know what I'm doing.

1. Start slow. There is no reason to bet all of your chips early on no matter what. Of course if I have aces or flop trips I'll get my chips in there and if I get sucked out well that just happens. But there is no reason to bet your chips especially if you get raised. Chances are he's got aces or he just flopped trips.

2. Build up with the blinds. The blinds keep going up, so you need to make sure your stack does the same. If you notice someone who doesn't play their blinds I will raise them and steal their chips. Don't believe me? Come watch me play, a lot of people only play good hands, and if they don't have them in there blinds they will give you there chips.

3. Slow back down when you get near the end. Only 7 places pay, and only 7 spots count on Jordan's challenge. If there are only 11-12 people left there is no reason to make a mistake here and go broke. There are still tourists left in the tourney and they will go broke in front of you.

4. Cash and build up. Once you get the money or make the points in a challenge like Jordan's you can build back up. This will give you the chips to make a run for the championship.

5. Dodge suckouts! LOL!! Just kidding, but it helps.


Anyway, you can see these tips, and they work. The numbers don't lie, and you'll all be kicking yourself in a couple years when you see me with the bracelet on tv. Keep on hating and leaving comments with no names and talking about me not being Christian, and how I'm a bad father.

I DO NOT CARE.

This is a poker journal blog, and I'm a winning poker player building my way towards pro, and also working on a dream to be the World Champion. Either shut up, or catch the next train to Louisville. I'd be happy to break you down like a shotgun and feed you full of blue vein. Keep all women away from Jack Daniels too LOL!!


Play Like a Champion Today.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping it real Champ. While I am not a poker blogger myself, I really enjoy following your career.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right! Women and booze should not mix. Something about estrogen makes them go cuckoo when they drink! LOL Keep up the good work Champ and you will get what you deserve before long.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think good christians talk about fucking guys in the ass as much as you do.

11:36 AM  
Blogger BadBlood said...

Without alcohol and women, how would we get laid?

Rock on champ! :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Drizztdj said...

I like my women drunk.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Bloody P said...

Champ, seriously. Turn off anonymous comments. That person needs a big blue veiner.

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear. LOLOLOL!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Nice post. I like the part about slowing down at the end.. It does depend on how many chips you have though somewhat..

9:11 PM  
Blogger Mr. Friendly said...

Dude,
I have a project for you...

How 'bout next weekend you live blog from either:
a.) the Emergency Room
b.) the local glory hole

Sounds like you are just the man!

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home