Monday, April 03, 2006

Week

Has it been a full week already since I last put up a post?
Let's just say it has been tough.

I am SICK AND TIRED of tourists catching their river. I have had more bad beats in the past 2 weeks that it is making me looney. I just have to keep telling myself it is one big session, but that is hard. Fish and tourists who have no business keep making hands when I'm way ahead. It furiates me to no end, and it really is just like the real world sometimes. I don't have much time to talk because poker has taken a backseat to the real world. Me and Kelly are officially over. I kept calling her but she never answered. Finally Tommy got through to her by talking to her friend who he still bangs and I got to talk to her on the phone for five minutes. It basically ended with me telling her she was a stupid bitch like all the rest of them. All the same. There are more fish in the sea, and I definitely don't have time for one bad apple to ruin my whole bunch. Also, Cody had a bad run-in with the fireplace yesterday. Tripped and hit face first into the base of it and knocked out 5 of his top teeth. Cracked them all off, and they had to cap them and he's not real happy about it. He got 6 stitches in his lip too, and he really looks like a mess. Just imagine that kid when he starts drinking beer if he can't even keep on his feet sober LOL!!! Anyway, he's going to be fine, and I think if it doesn't kill you it only makes you stronger anyway. So it should be good for him in the long run. Crystal says that's why I don't get him but once every two weeks, but that bitch is so stupid she doesn't know anyway. He could play Playstation at my house or play with Pete's boys, or I guess he could just sit around at Crystals with her and her man and see how much crank they can all do. I am fed up with all of them, and it really does go all the way back to Eve and the apple LOL!!

I took a gash when I was 16 in my leg that had 47 stitches once from hopping a barbwire in a field. Caught me on the backside and opened it right up. I bled like a stuck pig for the whole ride to the hospital and passed out on the way. My friend Eric was driving me in his truck and never did get the bloodstains out. I couldn't walk on it for about a week but it ended up making me stronger in the end.

With all this shit that's going on I really think it makes us stronger without killing us like the saying goes. I guess you could say that poker is like that since you get to bounce back after all the beats. It sometimes doesn't seem like it because you get so pissed when they go runner-runner, but those are the people you want to play. They will pay you off in the long run, and they are the building blocks to go pro. It is tough to keep telling yourself that, believe me, I know. I bet I've taken more bad beats in the last month than pretty much anyone out there. At least at Doyle's and Stars. You got to take a break for a few minutes. Go for a walk, or just take a minute off the game. I'll take it out on the heavy bag for a few minutes, and that with a good walk usually gets me toned down pretty good. Anything that can relieve the stress that bad beats cause is good. It is a LONG haul, and if you go off the deep end you'll never be able to reach shore. I have been swimming in the poker waters for a year almost the deep end could have easily sucked me under just like those fish keep sucking me out with river catches.

If it doesn't kill you IT WILL MAKE YOU STRONGER. I promise.

Play Like a Champion Today.

3 Comments:

Blogger BadBlood said...

Wow - I am really bummed to hear about your son hurting himself like that. Just reading it made me wince. Hope he's doing OK and recovers quickly.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Bloody P said...

"Man, all you gotta do is find a girl that looks just like her, nail her, and then dump her, man. Get her of your mind."

-Say Anything

12:47 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Good post. We all get frustrated when we know we play better than the tourists and still can not win. Ah well..

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home